Asking those questions of life, faith and the future?
Want to consider what Christianity really is all about?
What is it they say about Jesus?
NEW – SUMMER 2020 ALPHA COURSE
Fish n’ Chips at ALPHA!
Our Spring Alpha may have started but don’t despair, we’ll be hosting a Summer Alpha Course after Easter – so keep in touch, and you’d be welcome to our first night complementary Fish n Chips!
If you’ve not experienced the new Alpha film series yet then you’re in for a treat. Why not come along to the first ‘taster’ session – and even better – enjoy complimentary ‘fish n’ chips’ (or other alternative from the chippy) to start off our new course.
The films are both challenging and inspiring – they help us address questions of life and of faith – and help renew our Christian life.
Our Summer Alpha starts after Easter, dates to be confirmed, at 7.15pm in The Parish Centre. For catering purposes please sign up for the first evening by contacting Andy Norris at email@example.com. Why not invite and bring a friend?
Please get in touch if you’d like to come – we’d be pleased to welcome you.
We look forward to meeting you.
“Give it a try!”
That was what an Alpha member said. Alpha Courses lasting about 11 weeks are offered during the course of the year. Very relaxed and friendly, ranging in number from 10 to 20 participants. The courses are ideal for those asking ‘what is Christian faith?’ or wanting to understand more fully the faith they’ve always had. You can come and try a course without any obligation to continue or need to say a word – simply come and enjoy. Such courses as this may also be used as good preparation for adult Baptism or Confirmation.
See What Participants Said About Alverstoke’s Alpha:
- “Very good mix of meal, video and discussion”
- “Met my expectations, explained fully background to religion and helped answer my questions”
- “Enjoyed the company and refining my faith”
- “It has been relevant and relational in that I have finally moved beyond doubt and duty to a loving relationship”
- “It opens new meaning and explains faith”
- “Informality and friendship developed as the course progressed”
- “Meeting people who are prepared to be open and honest about where they are on their journey and who are prepared to explore the realities of faith”
- “Give it a try”
Visit the Alpha Site to find out more about this popular course.