Asking those questions of life, faith and the future?
Want to consider what Christianity really is all about?
What is it they say about Jesus?
FOR FISH & CHIPS – JOIN US on 28th FEB!
You’re invited to a complimentary ‘Fish & Chip’ ALPHA SUPPER on Thursday 28th Feb
at 7.00pm in the Parish Centre.
A great meal to which all are invited followed by a 20 minute film, a taster introducing the Alpha Course called ‘Is there more to life?’
It is simply a ‘come and see’ evening – bring a friend – there is no obligation to come again the following week unless you’d like to.
For catering purposes in ordering ‘Fish & Chips’ (or specify vegetarian option) it would help if you could RSVP the Parish Office or sign the list at the back of St.Mary’s – also indicating any dietary/gluten free requirements, thank you.
Alpha will then continue on Thursdays throughout Lent and in a relaxed and friendly environment will cover the following topics:
28th February: ‘Is there more to life?’ Taster evening.
7th March: Who is Jesus?
14th March: Why did Jesus die?
21st March: How can I have faith?
28th March: How & why should I pray?
Saturday 30th March Alpha Morning: Who is the Holy Spirit?
4th April: How can I know the Holy Spirit?
11th April: How and why should I read the Bible?
18th March: Maundy Thursday Last Supper
with What about the Church?
So keep your Thursdays from February 28th until Easter free and why not…
“Give it a try!”
That was what an Alpha member said. Alpha Courses lasting about 11 weeks are offered during the course of the year. Very relaxed and friendly, ranging in number from 10 to 20 participants. The courses are ideal for those asking ‘what is Christian faith?’ or wanting to understand more fully the faith they’ve always had. You can come and try a course without any obligation to continue or need to say a word – simply come and enjoy. Such courses as this may also be used as good preparation for adult Baptism or Confirmation.
See What Participants Said About Alverstoke’s Alpha:
- “Very good mix of meal, video and discussion”
- “Met my expectations, explained fully background to religion and helped answer my questions”
- “Enjoyed the company and refining my faith”
- “It has been relevant and relational in that I have finally moved beyond doubt and duty to a loving relationship”
- “It opens new meaning and explains faith”
- “Informality and friendship developed as the course progressed”
- “Meeting people who are prepared to be open and honest about where they are on their journey and who are prepared to explore the realities of faith”
- “Give it a try”
Visit the Alpha Site to find out more about this popular course.