Asking those questions of life, faith and the future?
Want to consider what Christianity really is all about?
What is it they say about Jesus?
FOR FISH & CHIPS – JOIN US THIS SPRING! The all new Alpha starts on Thursday 15th February 2018 at 7.15pm in our Parish Centre and will continue each week to Easter. The first night is a taster Fish & Chip Supper, with Pudding, followed by a 20 minute introductory film – join us for the Free meal and first film without obligation to come again if it’s not for you! We shall use the new Alpha Film Series to inspire our thinking and journey. Just let us know if you can come to the supper for our order to the Chippy! So why not…
“Give it a try!”
That was what a member of our last Alpha course said. Alpha Courses lasting about 11 weeks are offered during the course of the year. Very relaxed and friendly, ranging in number from 10 to 20 participants. The courses are ideal for those asking ‘what is Christian faith?’ or wanting to understand more fully the faith they’ve always had. You can come and try a course without any obligation to continue or need to say a word – simply come and enjoy. Such courses as this may also be used as good preparation for adult Baptism or Confirmation.
See What Participants Said About Alverstoke’s Alpha:
- “Very good mix of meal, video and discussion”
- “Met my expectations, explained fully background to religion and helped answer my questions”
- “Enjoyed the company and refining my faith”
- “It has been relevant and relational in that I have finally moved beyond doubt and duty to a loving relationship”
- “It opens new meaning and explains faith”
- “Informality and friendship developed as the course progressed”
- “Meeting people who are prepared to be open and honest about where they are on their journey and who are prepared to explore the realities of faith”
- “Give it a try”
Visit the Alpha Site to find out more about this popular course.