Over 60 groups and community activities are listed in this website.
EVERYTHING WE DO IS MADE POSSIBLE BY YOU.
Your contribution to the life and work of the church makes a difference – thank you for all you give.
Below you’ll find ways to give financially to the life of our church.
But first we’d encourage you to use the excellent Parish Giving Scheme.
To give in a convenient and planned way could not be easier.
All you have to do it pick up the phone for a friendly chat!
to join 80 households who give to Alverstoke Church through this scheme.
The advantages for you are:
- Your giving is protected by the bank.
- You have a very good phone helpline to discuss any changes to what you’d like to give or any queries.
- You can opt out very easily.
- You can choose to link giving to inflation (with your annual consent)
- You can even choose to remain anonymous if you want!
- There are PGS cards in church to pop in to the offertory plate when the plate is passed around at services so your gift is still offered to God week by week.
The advantages for the parish are:
- No parish volunteers are needed to claim Gift Aid from cash, cheques and Standing Orders which can take up to six months.
- Any Gift Aid arrives in the parish accounts within a month.
- No parish volunteers are required to count and bank donatons and cheques.
- The potential uplift of annual inflation-based giving is huge.
- Charges for banking cash and cheques are saved along with envelope charges.
- There is no cost to the giver or to the parish for this service – it is too good to be true!
To sign up by Telephone:
Simply call 0333 002 1271 on Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
One of the PGS administrators will take you through the sign up process which normally takes around 15 minutes. You will need to have the following information to hand:
- Personal bank account details
- The name of the parish: ‘St.Mary’s Alverstoke PCC’
- You will need to say if you want to increase your gift in line with inflation each year (this is always confirmed with you first each year!)
- Confirm if you are eligible for Gift Aid
- The PGS code for the parish is: 290629003
To sign up with a paper application form:
Please contact our PGS Coorindator Bill Lock who will get the information leaflet and application form to you. Email the office.
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE:
- Set up a STANDING ORDER or complete an ONLINE BANK TRANSFER using these details:
Account Name: St Mary’s Alverstoke
Sort Code: 30-93-56
Acc No: 07382842
Bank: Lloyds TSB Bank Plc, Gosport Branch
- GIFT AID IT.
Make your regular gifts go further by completing a Gift Aid Form – available in Church or from the Treasurer, Tim Finch.
Make your one-off gift go further by using the yellow Gift Aid envelopes which are available in Church.
- Send a cheque.
Please make it payable to ‘St Mary’s Alverstoke PCC’ and send it to the Parish Office Administrator.
Can you gift aid it?
A Lasting Legacy To Your Church
If you are willing to consider making a bequest to Alverstoke PCC or have already included a gift to the parish in your will and would like to talk to somebody or require more information, then please feel free to speak to Tim Finch, our church Treasurer.