Lots of reasons why in the history of England…
But what is the CofE for today?
The Anglican Communion worldwide of some 80 million members sees itself existing in order to:
- Proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom;
- Teach, baptise and nurture new believers;
- Respond to human need by loving service;
- Seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation;
- Strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
Do you think this is a good idea?